Masjed-e Naseer ol Molk
The Nasir al-Mulk Mosque is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran, located in Goade-e-Araban place (near the famous Shah Cheragh mosque). The mosque was built during the Qajar era, and is still in use under protection by Nasir al Mulk’s Endowment Foundation.
It was built by the order of Mirza Hasan Ali Nasir al Molk, one of the lords of the Qajar Dynasty, in 1876 and was finished in 1888. The designers were Muhammad Hasan-e-Memar and Muhammad Reza Kashi Paz-e-Shirazi.
The mosque extensively uses colored glass in its facade, and displays other traditional elements such as panj kasehi (five concaves) in its design.
Back to Mosques of Iran =>